The first step on the road of addiction recovery is to get professional addiction treatment. Concerned family members often ask what steps they can take to get their loved one professional treatment. You can get your loved one the rehab help he or she needs while also ensuring that your relationship remains intact.
Knowing Your Role in Helping an Addicted Loved One
It is important to remember that unless there are legal reasons to force a person into recovery such as a court order, you cannot make a person go to addiction rehab. Your role as a supportive friend or family members includes the following:
- Provide your loved one with an honest look into his or her life as it is today
- Give your loved one an opportunity to seek out treatment
- Give your loved one the resources needed to understand how treatment will improve his or her life
- Arrange quality addiction treatment and therapy options when your loved one is ready
One of the most successful methods of guiding an addicted loved one to a rehab program is to stage an addiction intervention.
Understanding a Drug or Alcohol Addiction Intervention
There are a lot of misconceptions about interventions and what they may include. While the atmosphere in your family intervention may differ from another, there will be several common threads. The first step in the process is to recruit the services of an interventionist. Hiring an interventionist takes away the guesswork and the confusion that can surround the process of planning a family intervention. Your interventionist can help in the following ways:
- You will be provided with clear steps as to how to do an intervention that works for the unique situation that you and your family are facing.
- An alcohol or drug intervention can be filled with anger and misunderstanding. An interventionist will provide information about what you can expect emotionally and behaviorally during the intervention.
- Getting intervention help will ensure that the process runs as smoothly as possible and is as effective as possible.
Finding Insurance for Addiction Rehabilitation
Understanding your insurance coverage for rehab can be confusing, but a recovery helpline will be familiar with the ins and outs of insurance companies and can quickly provide you with the information that you are seeking. Insurance for substance abuse can vary between insurance companies, so it is important that you work with someone who knows how to get the most treatment for the available coverage.